MedSoc Advocacy Page
The UNSWMedSoc advocacy effort is coordinated by the Vice President External and President.
These representatives sit on the curriculum development Committee (CDC) which oversees the course as a whole. They also hold seats on various committees which report to CDC, including:
- Inspired Learning Initiative Steering Committee
- Professionalism Working Group
- Performance Enhancement and Innovation Group (PEIG)
- Medicine Equity and Diversity Inclusion Committee ( MEDIC)
- Clinical Learning and Assessment Committee (CLAC)
- Simulation-Based Learning and Assessment Committee (SBLAC)
- Clinical Affairs Committee (CAC)
Other members of MedSoc are also invited to sit on faculty committees, including the Women’s Officers on the Gender Equity Working Group, and the Queer officers on the Queer Working Group. Council members such as the Indigenous Officer and International Representatives may also be involved in relevant advocacy projects.
The MedSoc President and VPe liaise with Presidents from all rural campus societies, which include:
- Albury Wodonga Medical Students Society (AWMSS)
- Wagga Wagga SRC
- Coffs Harbour Medical Student Society
- Port Medical Society (PMS)