Guidelines for Funding UNSW Medical Student Conference Attendance
This proforma is written as a guideline to a formal document in regards to reimbursing medical students for their participation.
Recognising the importance of student participation in academic conferences, seminars and other educational activities external to the University of New South Wales, the Faculty of Medicine each year provides funds to subsidise student attendance at such events. MedSoc is responsible for assessing student applications for these subsidies and provides a recommendation to the Faculty on which events should be supported.
Types of conferences that are supported should include aspects of being:
- Academic in nature
- Be of relevance to medical students
- Have a significant representative component for UNSW, with favour given to presentations and publication (Previous sponsorship by Medsoc/Faculty of Medicine is a good indicator)
Requirements for delegates in return for sponsorship
- Provide a receipt of the conference expenses.
- A brief presentation by members at the next appropriate council meeting
- A written article (preferably with photos) to be submitted to the next available Idioglossia edition.
Consideration and amount for sponsorship
- Will occur in fortnightly in Medsoc Executive meetings that commence at the end of February.
- Applications must be made PROSPECTIVE to the conference.
- Payment will be made RETROSPECTIVE to the conference when the above criteria in sections 1 and 2 are met, and the President has forwarded this recommendation to the Faculty of Medicine.
- Funding will be set to 50% of the registration cost, with a maximum ceiling amount of $250 for international conferences, and $150 for national and regional conferences.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your application for conference funding or if you have any further questions.